Arbortech Tree Care & Landscape Inc. is committed to reducing our carbon footprint, in an effort to make the Earth a more sustainable place. We pride ourselves in being an eco-friendly company. That is why over 90% of Arbortech’s green waste is sent to a co-generation plant to produce electricity. This is a win-win situation for the environment and our power grid. Over 13% of the Nation’s waste comes from trees, bushes, grass clippings, and other discarded green waste. This is why it is essential that we all play our part in recycling for our future.
Thankfully, trees are nature’s own recycling plants and can filter/limit carbon output in numerous ways.
Here are a couple ways trees can help reduce carbon output:
- Planting trees can create a buffer between outside weather (hot or cold) and your home. Tree shade alone can reduce your home temperature by 8-10° Fahrenheit, reducing your need for AC.
- Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. A fully grown tree can remove up to 48lbs of carbon a year
- If you would like to learn more, visit Arbor Day Blog
What to do with your green waste?
Here are some helpful tips:
- Leave lawn clippings and leaves on the lawn. Grass clippings act as fertilizer and can be great substitutes to mulch
- Composting isn’t limited to food waste – make your own compost from landscape trimmings. Check out this article for more info, Composting 101.